Treon Aito Release 6.3 for Gateway
Sep 6, 2023 · 3 minutes to read
This article gives the update link and the release notes for the Treon Aito Release 6.3 for Gateway.
fwupdate-run --use-device-cert https://debug.treon.fi/treongw1-v126.96.36.19911117131904/treongw-image-iotgw_188.8.131.5211117131904.tar
Please note: The update file cannot be downloaded via your browser, the Treon Gateway needs to access the update server directly. Please see this article to learn more about updating your gateway.
What’s New Treon
• Cellular profile can be changed from configuration UI now. With cellular profile setting, you can activate cellular band configurations for different geographical regions. Treon default profile, enabling bands 3, 8 and 20 is active by default. It can be used globally. The USA profile enables bands 2, 4 and 5 that are required for example for USA. Please, note that the band support may not provide sufficient coverage in all geographical locations. In such case, we recommend using a USB-modems that provide wider band coverage. For more information of such options please contact Treon. The custom cellular profile is activated if user does modifications directly the Gateway configuration files. This is recommended for advanced users only.
• Removed “DST Root CA” certificate which is not valid any more. Previous versions need a patch before installing updates. Please, contact Treon in case you’re planning to update gateway firmware to older than GW Rel 6.3 Gateways. Scripts and commands
• “devmanager” updated to python3. This is part of a process to update older scripts to python3.
• “nodefwupdater” supports 32-bit wirepas addresses which is a Wirepas 5 feature.
• “remote_command.py” clarity and stability improvements.
• “wp_ota” new feature to choose scratchpad number (with “-q”)
Security and logs
• “nodefwupdater” will automatically try to verify files with the checksum before performing updates.
• Changed logrotate from weekly to daily.
• Now paho MQTT event loop is created at every disconnect event.
• Telemetry logs moved from /var/log/telemetry.log -> jounalctl.
Stability and bugfixes
• http_rest connection is now persistent. Backend data consumption will require less TLS handshakes which reduces the amount of data when using http_rest connection
• “networkd” disabled for better stability. “connmann” is the used network manager.
• Stability improvements under a high load from connected Wirepas sensors. Ping traffic is prioritized to avoid it interfering with MQTT publish queue. Developer
• When Gateway is connected via cellular connection, the telemetry shall provide the active cellular band that device modem is connected using.
• U-boot frequency is now chosen by kernel allowing for greater range supported. Futureproofing (doesn’t affect customer)
• 6khz Industrial Node support for Maximum peak value for RAW data in the gateway parser.
No migration needed from Treon Aito Release 6.0.0 for Gateway.
All Treon Gateways and Treon Gateways in Protective Enclosure.
You still have questions? Our dedicated team of experts is happy to help you! Please contact Treon Support directly by e-mail.
Did you know? Treon offers Premium Support and Maintenance Packages for our customers. Get even more out of Treon and boost your sales - inquire now about features and prices!